Code of Ordinances
Rules & RegulationsCitizens can now browse and search the Denison Code of Ordinances online through Municipal Code Corporation. This online version of the City of Denison's Code of Ordinances is not the official version. The only official version is available through the City Secretary's Office.
Ordinances to be included in the next update of the Code of Ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 4926 - Amending Chapter 22, specifically repealing and replacing Article IV Requirements for Public Improvements and Design, Division 9 Sidewalks and Bikeways, Section 22-111 Sidewalks
- Ordinance No. 4928 - Amending Chapter 25 "Traffic", Article VI "Pedestrians", Section 25-183, "Solicitations at Intersections" and adopting Section 25-184, "Aggressive Solicitations"
- Ordinance No. 4929 - Amending Chapter 11, "Miscellaneous Offenses", Article II, "Curfew for Minors", Section 11-13, "Curfew Hours for Minors
- Ordinance No. 4930 - Amending Chapter 22, Article II (Platting Procedures), Division 9 (Appellate Procedures) to add Section 22-55A (Plat Appeals)
- Ordinance No. 4931 - Adding a new Chapter 31, "Special Events"
- Ordinance No. 4937 - Repealing and Restating Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinance - Historic Preservation Ordinance, Section 28.47, "Historic Overlay District", Article III, "Zoning Districts", of Chapter 28
- Ordinance No. 4946 - Repealing and Restating Section 28.48A "RI - Residential Infill Development - Single Family Homes"
- Ordinance No. 4953 - Amending Chapter 2, Article 1, Sections 2-36 through 2-45 by providing revisions to the Youth Advisory Commission
- Ordinance No. 4958 - Amending Article V (Development Standards), Section 28.51 (Landscape Requirements) to add Subsection 28.51.8 (Tree Preservation Requirements and Incentives for Preservation of Natural Areas and Trees) and Amend Section 28.51.6 (Minimum Landscaping Requirements for Nonresidential and Multifamily Developments); Establishing a Tree Mitigation Fund
- Ordinance No. 4959 - Amending Chapter 11 "Miscellaneous Offenses", Article 1 "In General", Section 11-11, "Smoking" to add or revise certain terms to amend the regulations prohibiting smoking in public places
- Ordinance No. 4964 - Amending Section 5-303 (International Energy Conservation Code) of Article III (Building Construction Standards) of Chapter 5 (Buildings and Building Regulations) to provide for adoption of Local Amendments to the International Energy Conservation Code, 2015 Edition.
- Ordinance No. 4967 - Amending Chapter 2, "Administration", Article II, "Authorities, Boards, Committees, Commissions", to amend Division 1, "Generally", Section 2-46, and adding Division 5 entitled "Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board"
- Ordinance No. 4972 - Relating to Municipal Court Fees, Chapter 2 "Administration", Article VIII, "Municipal Court Technology Fund", adopting comprehensive regulation of municipal court fees and costs and establishing Special Expense Fees