Planning & Zoning
On December 10, 2018, the Denison City Council voted to adopt the 2018 Comprehensive Plan! The Plan is a road-map for future growth and development for the City's ultimate planning area. You can view or download the final version of the plan by clicking the link below.
2018 Denison Comprehensive Plan (46 MB file)
The Planning and Zoning Department serves as an information resource on the Zoning Ordinance of the City, Subdivision Ordinance, development, population, and socioeconomic data and similar material relating to the growth and development of Denison and Grayson County.
A wide array of comprehensive planning and land use regulatory services are provided to the residents of Denison and Grayson County, including:
- Administering the Comprehensive Plan.
- Administering subdivision plat reviews and processing subdivision plat applications
- Processing zoning applications for the Planning and Zoning Commission and variance applications for the Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Providing assistance with annexation requests
- Process site plan reviews, including projects in the Highway Oriented Overlay, Austin Avenue Overlay,and Morton Street Overlay.
- Providing zoning verification for new business and those wishing to obtain building permits in the city
- Reviewing plans for new development projects
- Maintaining all mapping for the city
- Geodetic Control Survey - Technical Report and Map
2019 Planning & Zoning Commission Meetings
Initial submittals and revisions will be returned with comments within 10 working days of receipt of a complete application. Click here to view or download application packets.
As a home-rule municipality, there is no deadline for initial submittal of a request. To ensure compliance with Texas State Law notification requirements, clean plans (with all comments addressed) must be received by staff no later than 20 calendar days before a required public hearing. Please see calendar below for specific dates.
|Resubmit clean plans
(no comments) by:
|Planning & Zoning
| December 19, 2018
||January 7, 2019||February 4, 2019|
| January 23, 2019
||February 12, 2019||March 4, 2019|
| February 20, 2019
||March 12, 2019||April 1, 2019|
| March 20, 2019
||April 9,2019||May 6, 2019|
| April 24, 2019
||May 14, 2019||June 3, 2019|
| May 22, 2019
||June 11, 2019||July 15, 2019|
| June 19, 2019
||July 9, 2019||August 5, 2019|
| July 24, 2019
||August 13, 2019||September 13, 2019|
| August 21, 2019
||September 10, 2019||October 7, 2019|
| September 18, 2019
||October 8, 2019||November 4, 2019|
| October 23, 2019
||November 12, 2019||December 9, 2019|
| November 20, 2019
||December 10, 2019||January 6, 2020|